Thursday, October 24, 2013

inspiration and one-handed reading

I know it's been a while, but I have some news. I have a new story! Short, sexy and to the point, but it's a new thingie from me and I'm excited about it.

A few months ago, I decided that one of the things I would do to make myself more excited about my own writing would be to be more active in my writing group. One of the members suggested a section of writing prompts. Some of the prompts are written, some are pictures like this one:




He's quite inspirational, isn't he? I'd add copyright info, but I have no idea where the pic came from, other than a friend on facebook. Anyway, he's pretty, but I didn't feel the urge to write even after I'd posted the picture and this prompt:

 I almost didn't believe it when he'd said yes. But he ended up back at my place for what turned out to be one of the greatest nights of my life. Now we're both up and I need a way to make the awkward morning after a little less painful. Does waking up have to end in a walk of shame? 

I looked at it again a few weeks later and got an idea. A dirty, sexy, fun idea. And wrote all of 33 words on it. Yeah, my muse wasn't feeling it that day. But the next day? I sat down and wrote something so hot my computer screen got all steamed up and I had to put the laptop on ice after I finished - the story, that is. A few passes through my betas and several cover changes and I present you with Morning.


If you blush easily, I recommend not reading this one at work. Morning is available from All Romance Ebooks, Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments: