Monday, April 5, 2010

Well, fudge

I'm still alive! And still doing Script Frenzy. I know. Crazy, right? I'm writing way ahead of the 3.3 pages a day curve (yay for prewriting a novel to adapt), so I'm already at the stage where I think everything is either wrong or needs to be rewritten. Well, maybe not so much rewritten as I've read the dialogue so many times (I obsessed over the first few chapters of this book through several drafts) it feels stale to me. I want to make feel all current and snarky and fun. There's probably nothing wrong with it.

What I need is a bunch of understanding friends who will come over and run lines so I know it doesn't feel like a badly written episode of Gossip Girl. It's a romance and I feel like I've been out of the dating game so long, the conversations barely make sense to me. You know it's bad when you feel like relationship convos may as well be in German for all the sense they make. I won't change anything. I'll probably regret screwing with the dialogue once I finish this thing and look back at it. Now I just need to churn out a few dozen more pages so I can make room for the self-destruct thisthingisallwrong!! period of writing challenge.

No comments: