Thursday, September 4, 2008

too old to be picky

I can't even tell you how much it scared me when I registered for this dating site on a whim and one of the first guys to hit on me was 54. 54?! I was 24 at the time and I'd set my preferred age thingy to 21-35. I was thinking, either he's a pervert or I should loosen up my standards because men 30-40 hit on me all the time. Which makes me feel weird. When I was 14 (going on 35) and until I turned about 19, I had no problem flirting with guys at least 10 years older than me. Of course, I was silly then and it made me feel "grown up." Now it scares me that I'm in the age range where mid-30s is not "old" and I'm still single. When a guy in his 30s hits on me, it makes me wonder why he thinks I should be interested. I'm weird, right? And then, of course, I feel even stranger for being attracted to guys 5-7 years younger than me. Like something's wrong with me. *sigh* This internal debate is only a chick thing, right?

No comments: