Monday, March 7, 2011

scrambled

I don't know if I'm putting too much pressure on myself or what, but I've been having the hardest time writing lately. With everything else going on, this is not something I need. I don't know how to get out of it either. When this happens to other people, I have advice for days on how they can write their way out of a rut, but I haven't the first clue what I should do about my own.

I think I need a vacation. I've tried all of the inappropriate things like having a drink (or two) to relax, eating foods that are quite far away from my diet recommendations, reading more (which I've been slacking off of lately). None of it is helping. All right, maybe the reading is helping a little, but not enough to get me to finish the stack of unfinished shorts waiting for me or to help me finish the unfinished chapter in my current masterpiece.

Someone help! Figure out a way to get the story ideas out of my brain and onto paper before I drive myself crazy worrying why it's not happening. I'll bake you a cookie cake?

1 comment:

Frank Chambers said...

When I get to that point, I generally free write. I know it may sound generic and simple, but it is amazing what you can actually spit out on a page when you remove the filter that is your mind. Plugging that creative center of yours directly to the keyboard or pen is liberating.

Let me know how it works.

F
www.frankchambers.com