Wednesday, September 22, 2010

into the home stretch

I broke out the calculating machine last night and punched in some number thingies. Holy crap, I'm about 65 percent of the way through this book. Real life got in the way for the first half or so, but I'm excited because I have the last fourish chapters planned out pretty well. It should be easy going from here. *waits for anvil drop* I hope it'll be finished (as in, written and edited and sent off to the publisher) in the next month. Yay.

In the meantime, a little quotage to whet the appetite.

as seen in the twitterverse:


Running a hand through his hair, Carlos said, “You're going to be the death of me.” “You'll die smiling,” Michael retorted.


and today's quote:

Tread carefully was going to become his daily mantra—right up there with 'one day at a time' and 'don't beg.'


I think it needs to be said, I'm kind of in love with this book so far. I love the characters and (more importantly) my lone reader likes the story/characters as well. I'm also debating another story starring one of the main character's friends. Probably not going to happen, but it's nice to think about.

No comments: