Sunday, April 22, 2007

Need A Spanking To Get Motivated

I've been bad lately. No, not the way you're thinking (though I wish that were the case).

I've been on and off a workaholic/lazy procrastinator. I'm supposed to be working on this serial story. I started it (I think) in December and I've got 3 1/2 chapters down. Doesn't sound too bad, but the chapters are super short and the story seems more like an afterthought sometimes. The sucky part is I REALLY like the idea and I can't wait to finish it so I can share it with people. I think it would get a good response. Never mind that I need to get paid for my writing sometime this century. (No offense, Autumn dear.) I'm entirely too lazy to be satisfied at a "real" job for long.

Speaking of that, I'm back to monster.com looking for jobs again. Apparently, I'm also too lazy to memorize 400+ drink recipes so I can become a bartender. I know it'll be good money and most likely a lot of fun. I'll do it later. Probably.

Why am I not finishing my current masterpiece (Company Policy)? It's all Lee Zett's fault. Yes, that's right. I'm blaming you. She told me this story and asked me to write it. It's not quite a ghost writing thing, more like a "say this really happened a few years ago, I want you to put it into story form for my amusement" kind of thing. It's quite an imaginative and colorful piece of fan fiction if I do say so myself. If you're not a Michael Jackson fan (and why wouldn't you be if you're reading my blog?), I don't know if you'll find Sequins and Chicken Grease entertaining. Some do. So, around 3:30-4ish this morning, I started yet another blog to encase this story.

What's killing me about this is, I began writing it on a whim, expecting it to be roughly 15-20,000 words total. The current count is around 33,000 words and I'm not sure I've reached the halfway point in the story yet. How in the world can I write so much on this story (mostly in the first month or so of writing) and I can't seem to get myself interested in a story that will do more for me professionally?

In other news, I saw an ex yesterday. For a second, I almost felt bad when I noticed that he's put on weight around the middle, that the girl he was with wasn't as cute as me (I wanted to hum Destiny's Child's She Can't Love You) and that he was so excited to see me, he asked me to contact him. I have never been so glad I walked out of the house in my cute jeans. It was just strange seeing him again. Perhaps, I should've been nicer. Then again, if I'd acted like the way our relationship ended was okay (and not his fault), his girl wouldn't have questioned him from the time I walked to the next aisle till they left the store. LOL I bet he got even more heated questions in the car. He was always bad at lying about past relationships.

This only reminded me that I should stop being snobby and respond to some of these guys on yahoo personals. Even if it's a "no thanks." I've gotten to the point where I cringe when I see that I've got a new message in my inbox. I delete the notification from my email rather than clicking the link to see who it is and what they're about. How do I expect to meet Mr. Right when I won't even wade through the Mr. Maybes?

Never mind that. I found a decent/cheap vibrator on sextoysex that I want. I'll make do with that instead of a man for now. Good thing I've got plenty of rechargeable batteries on hand!

No comments: